Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back Home Again





Saturday evening we arrived home from a very wonderful week of Bible camp in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.
The Lord's blessing during the week of camp are innumerable. He gave us safety in our travels. The children were exceptionally good, even though they slept very little. He gave MLC and I wonderful roommates. We enjoyed such sweet fellowship! It was truly a pleasure getting to know each of them. The Lord touched hearts. EDC and JOC had a very memorable week as well.

Our already wonderful week was capped off with a monumental and life altering work of grace in JOC's heart! Friday evening after the worship service all had returned to their rooms to prepare to go to bed. EDC came to my room, hugged my neck and told me that JOC had been sobbing in his bed and that his dorm counselor had taken up to Pastor Dale's cabin. EDC announced, " I think JOC is about to be saved." EDC and I prayed together and asked the Lord to continue the work in JOC's heart. I then went outside to call my EJC. While he was still on the phone, JOC returned from talking with Pastor Dale. Between sobs, he relayed to his daddy, "I have the Christ in my heart." We then went inside and prayed together, cried together, and sang our special hymn "My Jesus I Love Thee" with more meaning than it ever had before. JOC then said that he wanted to go up and tell his friends what God had done for him. After a short while, JOC returned and still between sobs he went on to tell me that "My heart has hurt for 2 days.
Jesus has done a miracle in my heart. He took my sins away." His big blue eyes looked straight at me and as seriously he confessed to me that he had taken 2 quarters from my van and gotten a bottled water." I assured him that God had forgiven him of that as well....while I was glad to know that he had gotten water instead of coke.

The change in his spirit is so evident. He has passed the weekend singing "At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light and the burden of my heart rolled away....it was there by faith I received my sight and now I am happy all the day.

We thank the Lord for His blessings!

3 comments:

Leah Belle said...

so grateful for the blessings of God's grace!

Tonya Talley, Maryland said...

Praise the Lord it is neat to see how the Lord works in the lives of our children!

Zerilda said...

What AWESOME news about Jackson! God's grace is so faithful! I'm so happy for you guys...such a wonderful blessing! Tell the boys we said HI...love you, Z

Blog Archive