Monday, March 2, 2009

Even in my weakness....

Just wanting to share. I have been reading "Parenting Is Your Highest Calling...and 8 Other Myths That Trap Us in Worry and Guilt" by Leslie Leyland Fields.

I have often prayed for the ability to show Christ's love to my children. I desire that the love of God will so permeate my life that even in the heated times of motherhood that the tenderness and sweetness will leave an impression on my children that will have them "in awe" of the change wrought by a relationship with God....yet time after time I fail. I speak with anything but tender words. I command and demand of my children and yes, at times I am sure, I exasperate them as well. I was touched by the words I read this morning and given hope that in spite of my feeble efforts to show Christ to my "man clan". That even in my many times of weakness...He is using even those times to teach them.

Leslie states on page 143, "When my own servant's heart is emptied, as it often is when I stand among my family's continual needs. I am reminded that I cannot be Jesus; I can only need Jesus. In the times when I feel as though I fail most -- when I dissolve before my children into anger and helplessness--He covers and forgives my exhaustion, sin and limitations. He teaches me that His own work in my children's lives is not dependent upon me. Even in my weakness I am living out before my children the most essential truth of our lives: all of us are in severe need of this glorious and merciful Saviour."

Makes me think of I Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments:

Blog Archive