Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Transitions and Trust

 Today my mind has wandered back to Psalms 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."  Illness comes.   Jobs come and go.  Friendships weaken and wane....but the faithfulness of our God is a sure thing.  It is our anchor.  It is our refuge and strength....a very present help in trouble.

The Lord is at work.  This is a time of many transitions.  A time of seeking peace and His direction.  This is a time of truly living out the faith.  Do we believe?  Do we trust?  Are God's promises backed up by His name....by His character?


God is our Provider,
Sustainer,
All-powerful
All-knowing,
Loving Heavenly Father,
Faithful God,
Merciful,
Gracious,
Comforter,
Safe Place (Refuge),
Oh and Soooo much more.....

I found this list...brought me to tears (what's new).  Tears of a different kind...heaven sent tears.  No tears of selfish motivation, but tears of adoration. 

Why do I fear.  I am a child of the King.  He owns all and wants the best for me........remember...that is the essence of true love.


Psalms 46:2...."Therefore will not we fear, and though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;....verse 7 states again..."The LORD of hosts is with us, the God of Jacob is our REFUGE. SELAH.....verse 10 says,"BE still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."   Again in verse 11, ".....the God of Jacob is our refuge.  Selah.....





Our circumstances change....God changes not.  His love for us never wanes.  He is our refuge....Think on these things....(Selah)

 

No comments:

Blog Archive