Thursday, December 25, 2008

Very Special Day




After weeks of preparation, today was certainly a special day! Christmas in our home is unique to say the least. Those that know me well, know to what degree that is true. Decorations are scarce, good food abounds, and family togetherness are paramount. The cards were mailed 2 days ago. Not proud of the fact, it was just my reality.

I must say that this year my dear Jackson found the day to be particularly special because, in his words, "This year I have the greatest gift....that is Jesus." For any new or infrequent readers, my Jackson was saved this past summer, while at Bible camp. Truly an unforgettable moment in this, my journey of motherhood! We wept tears of joy!

This time of year the thoughts of God's children just naturally turn to the blessing we have due to Jesus Christ coming to earth to be God's provision for our redemption! The boys enjoyed taking part in the reading of Luke 2 this morning. That passage always amazes me, especially the portion regarding Simeon and Anna expectantly awaiting the coming of the Messiah! God opened their eyes to recognize HIM; just as He continues to do today! Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. (2 Corinthians 9:15). God bless you, as He continues to reveal Himself to us daily!

Love,
Connie

No comments:

Blog Archive